Sibex to list futures contract on Dow Jones Industrial Average
Sibex has signed a sub-licence agreement with CME Group and Dow Jones Indexes to launch a futures contract based on the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
Derivatives marketplace CME Group owns the exclusive licence to trade US dollar denominated futures and futures-options contracts based on the DJIA.
The DJIA futures contract listed on the Sibex market will be denominated in US dollars and Romanian Leu, will have the multiplier of one and quarterly maturities up to 12 months.
The product is dedicated mainly to Romanian investors and will complete the range of financial instruments available on the Romanian capital market.
"We are pleased to start the cooperation with CME Group and Dow Jones Indexes and this project is one of the most important steps we have made within our strategy of building a liquid and efficient derivatives market in Romania,” says Sibex president Teodor Ancuta. “Sibex continues to strive to bring its customers the best products possible, and the contract on the Dow Jones Industrial Average is one of the most suitable for them.”
“Sibex is well positioned to bring greater global access to the Dow Jones Industrial Average,” says Robert Ray, managing director of international products and services, CME Group. “This new relationship will further CME Group’s strategy to develop strategic partners in key growth markets and create new opportunities for investors worldwide.”
Sibex (Sibiu Exchange) has 38 members and offers to its customers futures, options and CFDs having currency rates, indexes, stocks, interest rate and commodities as underlying assets.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location