Credit Suisse appoints head of Asia Pacific and emerging markets
Credit Suisse has appointed Neil Harvey as managing director and head of Asia Pacific and head of emerging markets globally for asset management, effective 1 February 2010.
Harvey (pictured) will be based in Hong Kong and will report to Robert Shafir, chief executive of asset management, and Kai Nargolwala, chief executive of Asia Pacific.
Shafir says: "Developing the Asia Pacific region and building out our global emerging markets' offerings and clients is core to asset management's growth strategy across our division and businesses."
Harvey has been involved in investment banking and asset management for over 24 years and has significant knowledge and understanding of the emerging markets.
He returns to Credit Suisse from Renaissance Group, where he most recently served as their deputy chief executive and chairman international. Prior to joining Renaissance in 2006, Harvey was a founding partner of Bennelong Asset Management, a multi-strategy hedge fund focused on the Asia Pacific region.
His ten-year career at Credit Suisse spanned many roles and regions in the investment bank with his last role as head of the investment banking division and client coverage, based in Hong Kong. During his tenure with the bank, he also held various senior positions, including global head of emerging markets fixed income distribution and ran businesses in the Middle East, Africa, Turkey and Latin America.
Prior to joining Credit Suisse in 1993, Harvey was at Macquarie Bank in Australia.
Salman Shoaib, who has led the Asia Pacific asset management business in the last 18 months, will become Credit Suisse head of corporate development for Asia Pacific, responsible for coordinating long term cross-divisional strategic development and key account management planning for the bank in Asia Pacific.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location