Hedge Funds Care to host 12th annual children’s benefit
Hedge Funds Care, a non-profit organisation which raises funds and awareness within the hedge fund industry to prevent and treat child abuse, will hold its 12th annual New York Open Your Heart to the Children Benefit on 25 February.
This year's event features a gala cocktail reception and the presentation of the Hedge Funds Care Award for Caring to Liya Kebede, for her efforts to improve health conditions for women and children around the world, and Michael E. Novogratz, president of Fortress Investment Group, for his corporate and philanthropic leadership.
Lee Daniels, director of the film Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire, will receive the Hedge Funds Care Founder's Award.
The co-chairs for the event are Dean C. Backer, Goldman Sachs, and Richard H. Baker (pictured), Managed Funds Association. CNBC anchor and reporter Michelle Caruso-Cabrera will serve as master of ceremonies.
Since the first benefit in 1998, Hedge Funds Care has awarded over 600 grants totalling USD21m in the US and abroad. Currently the New York benefit, which raised USD1.3m in 2009, supports 30 grants to organisations that deal with child abuse and neglect in New York City, Westchester, Connecticut and New Jersey.
"In this tough economic environment, we are concerned about an increase in abuse and neglect cases, which typically rise in times of high unemployment. Our work is particularly important right now given that government resources are stretched so thin," says John M. Budzyna, president and chairman of Hedge Funds Care.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location