Momtchil Pojarliev joins Hathersage as senior portfolio manager
Hathersage Capital Management, a discretionary absolute return currency manager, has appointed Momtchil Pojarliev as director and senior portfolio manager, a newly created role.
Pojarliev (pictured) reports to and works alongside Bill Lipschutz, head of portfolio management and founder.
Pojarliev, 35, joins Hathersage with a decade of experience managing substantial currency portfolios. He has authored more than 20 academic articles, including seminal findings on alpha versus beta producing currency managers.
“Momtchil’s experience and his work in the area of currency alpha measurement and production match well with our focus at Hathersage. We are confident that our investors will benefit greatly,” says Lipschutz.
“Recent proprietary research uncovered that only a quarter of currency managers are actually providing alpha,” adds Pojarliev. “Hathersage was consistently at the top of that elite group and I am enthusiastic to be a part of this team which has such a long and distinguished record of performance.”
Pojarliev was most recently the head of currencies at London-based Hermes Investment Management, the investment arm of the BT Pension Scheme and the largest company pension fund in the UK.
Prior to Hermes, he was senior FX portfolio manager at Pictet & Cie in Geneva, one of Switzerland’s largest private banks. Before Pictet, he was senior FX portfolio manager at Invesco in Frankfurt and London.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location