Earth Capital Partners hires sustainable agriculture and forestry team
Earth Capital Partners, a private equity firm focused on renewable energy, has hired a sustainable agriculture and forestry investment team from IBIS Capital Management and EMP Global.
Bosworth Monck joins as head of sustainable agriculture and forestry investment, and Gabriel Montana and Richard Smith join as partners.
The team will advise on agriculture, forestry and biodiversity investments, with a particular focus on deploying capital in Latin America.
Earth Capital Partners plans to launch a series of institutional grade funds in these areas, each with appropriate risk-return characteristics and low correlation to traditional asset classes.
Stanley Fink, non-executive chairman of Earth Capital Partners, says: “Appointing this new agriculture team takes us one step closer to having a diversified range of sustainable investment opportunities for institutional investors. One of the positive developments to come out of Copenhagen was an agreement regarding deforestation and reforestation, and this will make the sector even more attractive for investors. ECP’s Earth Dividend adds another layer of value in this sector clearly differentiating our product from others in the market.”
Earth Capital Partners recently announced the launch and first close of its renewable energy fund, which invests in solar, biogas and biomass projects in Europe, Middle East and North Africa.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location