Peak Ridge AgTech Fund adds Tommy G Thompson to advisory board
Peak Ridge Capital Group’s venture capital fund, the Peak Ridge AgTech Fund, has expanded its advisory board to include Tommy G. Thompson, former four-time governor of Wisconsin and US secretary of health and human services.
As governor of Wisconsin from 1986 through 2002, Thompson was well-known for his efforts to revitalize the Wisconsin economy.
He also served as the secretary of health and human services under the Bush administration from 2001 to 2005 and has received numerous awards for his public service.
Thompson is currently a partner at Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld and an active member on the board of directors of several biotech companies.
"Former governor Thompson is an exceptional addition to our advisory board," says Michael McNally, chairman and chief executive of Peak Ridge Capital Group. "He brings invaluable experience and possesses a strong background in agriculture and agri-business issues. We look forward to utilising his experience as we continue to invest in early-stage opportunities for our investors.”
“I'm very excited to be working with such a well-regarded firm as Peak Ridge which has a global reach, and especially happy to be working on a fund that is based in the Midwest and focused on the fields of agriculture and technology,” Thompson says. “With their experience, superior track record and ability to identify value in companies, there is no fund better positioned to be successful in the agricultural investment arena.”
The Peak Ridge AgTech Fund recently announced its first investment in Rapid Diagnostek, a Wisconsin-based company that is developing an affordable hand-held device with the ability to test for illness or disease in 60 seconds.
The fund invests in companies with key agricultural technologies that provide solutions in areas of food supply, lowering cost of production and improving efficiency in the supply chain. In addition to the agricultural supply-side, the fund is also investing in clean technologies, as well as chemicals, systems and improvements in the biofuel process.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location