S&P adds Asia infrastructure and natural resources to risk control indices
Standard & Poor’s has expanded its family of risk control indices with a series of launches based upon the S&P Asia Infrastructure Index and the S&P Global Natural Resources Index.
The S&P Asia Infrastructure and S&P Global Natural Resources Daily Risk Control Indices integrate a volatility control within the index rules and are designed to offer investors a way to gain exposure to infrastructure and natural resource investments while controlling the level of risk.
“We are seeing strong demand, particularly during this period of economic recovery, for indices that provide exposure to companies operating across the natural resources and infrastructure spectrum,” says Steve Goldin, vice president of strategy indices at S&P Indices. “The launch of these new indices has further solidified Standard & Poor’s leading role in producing indices designed to target specific volatility levels.”
The S&P Asia Infrastructure Daily Control Indices offer investors greater stability and control of the overall risk level of the S&P Asia Infrastructure Index, an index comprised of 30 of the largest publicly-listed Asian infrastructure companies that meet specific investability requirements. The index is designed to provide liquid exposure to the leading publicly-listed companies in the Asian infrastructure industry, from both developed and emerging markets.
The S&P Global Natural Resources Daily Control Indices offer investors greater stability and control of the overall risk level of the S&P Global Natural Resources Index, an index comprised of 60 of the largest publicly traded companies in natural resources and commodities businesses that meet specific investability requirements. The index offers investors diversified, liquid, and investable equity exposure across three primary commodity-related sectors: agribusiness, energy, and metals and mining.
Risk control levels of five per cent, ten per cent, 12 per cent and 15 per cent have been launched for both indexes.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location