Nara Capital launches Ucits Alternative Index series
Nara Capital, an alternative advisory and consultancy service provider based in Geneva, will start to release its Ucits Alternative Index to the public.
The series of indices aims to track the performance Ucits hedge funds and funds of funds.
The following indices are calculated: Ucits Alternative Index; Global Ucits Alternative Index; Fund of Funds Ucits Alternative Index; Long/Short Equity Ucits Alternative Index; Equity Market Neutral Ucits Alternative Index; Fixed Income Ucits Alternative Index; CTA Ucits Alternative Index; Macro Ucits Alternative Index; Event Driven Ucits Alternative Index; Commodities Ucits Alternative Index; FX Ucits Alternative Index; and Multi-Strategy.
The Ucits Alternative Index series are equally weighted. The performance for any particular month will accessible on the Ucits Alternative Index website generally on the fifth business day of the following month. The inception date of the index is 1 January 2008.
Louis Zanolin, partner at Nara Capital, says: “Nara has been tracking the emergence of Ucits hedge funds for more than two years and has constructed and developed what is probably the most comprehensive database of that universe. The trend for more regulated and liquid alternative strategies will increase the demand for Ucits alternative funds over the coming year, so will the need for independent comparative tools. We have therefore decided to publicly release the index performance.”
As of February 2009 the index was tracking close to 400 Ucits hedge funds and funds of hedge funds totalling more than EUR63bn assets under management.
Only funds pursuing hedge fund like strategies are taken into account for the index calculation.
Absolute return funds with no shorting capabilities as well as 130/30 and passive hedge funds index UCITS funds are excluded from the index.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location