Hedge Fund Association elects 2010/2011 board of directors
The Hedge Fund Association has elected its 2010/2011 board of directors, president and vice president, and appointed regional directors and advisory board chairs.
HFA is focused on business and professional development, Capitol Hill lobbying to advocate for managers and investors, and public relations aimed at dispelling common misperceptions and educating the media, investors, lawmakers and the public at large.
The directors for 2010/11 are president David Friedland, vice president Ron S. Geffner and executive director Lara Block.
The thought leader council chair is Howard Altman of Rothstein Kass.
Representing managers are: Robert Banker, Highwood Capital; Brad Cole, Cole Partners; Andrew Schneider, HedgeCo; and Michael Wright, Kelvingrove Partners.
Representing investors are: Mitch Ackles, Hedge Fund PR; David Friedland, Magnum US Investments; John R Halasz, JR Halasz Capital Advisors; Salomon Konig, Alba Family Office; and Michael Scanlon, AiCE.
Representing service providers include: Howard Altman, Rothstein Kass; Stuart Ian Brogan, Morningstar; Ron S. Geffner, Sadis & Goldberg; Richard S. Heller, Thompson Hine; and John Peterson, Butterfield Fulcrum.
Advisory board chairs are: regulatory and government advisory board Richard S. Heller, Thompson Hine; sovereign wealth advisory board Manish Thakur, HF Strategy; and media advisory board Deirdre Brennan, FINalternatives.
"Hedge Fund Association is committed to defending the image of hedge funds, and adding to opportunities for industry growth," says Friedland. "In the months ahead, our new directors, regional leaders and valued members can look forward to HFA events in more cities, new advisory committees devoted to building and protecting your hedge fund business, and a renewed focus on accelerating opportunity for all industry participants."
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location