Oakley appoints Teun Johnston as portfolio manager
Oakley Alternative Investment Management has appointed hedge fund investor Teun Johnston as a portfolio manager.
Johnston was previously co-head of investments at Amundi AI, formerly known as Credit Agricole Asset Management Alternative Investments.
At Oakley, Johnston will work together with Nick Hannan, chief investment officer, and Christopher Parkinson, portfolio manager, to develop the scope of the Oakley investment function and business.
Johnston joined Amundi AI in December 2000, initially as a senior investment analyst focusing on the initial and ongoing due diligence of European and Asian-based hedge fund managers. He was appointed co-head of investments in 2009 and had been head of Amundi AI’s London office since 2006.
Prior to joining Amundi AI, Johnston worked at Arthur Andersen in various capacities, including being a member of the financial services practice group in London and the hedge fund and venture capital audit practice group in San Francisco.
Hannan says: “Attracting an investment professional of Teun’s ability and experience is testament to Oakley’s increasing profile and reputation in the alternatives industry. It is significant that someone of Teun’s calibre has moved from a USD13bn industry leader to a boutique fund manager such as Oakley, attracted by the possibility of working with a more nimble organisation, which has the talent and expertise to continue its expansion.”
Johnston adds: “Joining Oakley Alternative Investment Management is a unique opportunity and the ability to work with such an impressive team that has growing recognition for its consistent performance and dedication to serving the needs of its clients is very exciting.”
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location