Auriel Capital launches second equity market neutral fund
Auriel Capital, an asset management firm specialising in absolute return strategies, is launching a market neutral fund called Auriel UK Equity Fund.
The new hedge fund comprises both long and short investments in FTSE 100 companies.
The fund complements Auriel Capital’s existing European equity market neutral strategy, which has generated annualised returns of 8.5 per cent since its inception in June 2007.
The Auriel UK Equity Fund’s strategy involves trading the most liquid shares in the UK market. The objective is to generate absolute returns by managing a diversified, risk-controlled portfolio with low correlation to traditional asset classes and to peers in the existing hedge fund universe.
The portfolio is structured to be both beta and sector neutral and is designed to minimise exposure to multiple risk factors.
Larry Abele (pictured), founding partner of Auriel Capital, says: “Our UK equity strategy is available either as a standalone offering or in combination with our existing European strategy. We believe that market neutral equity investment based on detailed, systematic analysis of companies can generate strong and consistent returns that are independent of market movements. These market neutral strategies are perfect for investors seeking uncorrelated returns without exposure to market risk.”
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location