PerTrac teams with FinAnalytica to offer RiskPlus
PerTrac Financial Solutions, a provider of analytic and workflow solutions, has launched PerTrac RiskPlus, a returns-based risk analysis solution.
The new product is a collaboration with FinAnalytica, a provider of real world portfolio risk solutions for multi-manager funds, hedge funds and asset management firms.
“PerTrac RiskPlus is a breakthrough for hedge fund investors seeking more sophisticated risk monitoring for their portfolios,” says Gerry Mintz, PerTrac president and chief executive officer. “Using state-of-the-art statistics based on fat-tailed distributions, dynamic correlations and multi-factor models, PerTrac RiskPlus sheds light on opaque portfolios at a price far less than more traditional or position-based risk systems. It offers large and small investors tools previously available only with the purchase of a software platform costing almost ten times as much.”
PerTrac RiskPlus examines portfolio risk based on the monthly returns of each fund in the portfolio rather than each fund’s holdings, information which is either unavailable or impractical to acquire from hedge fund managers on a timely basis, and is expensive to analyse.
“Our work with PerTrac will bring advanced risk analysis to a wider market,” says Dave Merrill (pictured), chief executive of FinAnalytica. “RiskPlus puts our sophisticated, academically proven fat-tailed risk modeling into a scalable, easy-to-use tool that provides practical and actionable risk assessment.”
PerTrac RiskPlus is an optional module integrated into the latest version of the PerTrac Analytical Platform application, an investment analysis and asset allocation software.
PerTrac RiskPlus is aimed at funds of funds, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments, foundations, family offices, and other hedge fund investors.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location