GLG hires two for event driven strategies
Asset manager GLG Partners has appointed Gerard Griffin and Gerald Lucaussy of Tisbury Capital Management to lead GLG's event driven strategies.
As part of the transaction, GLG Partners will become the investment manager of the Tisbury Liquid Event Master Fund, which will be renamed the GLG Tisbury Event Driven Fund.
The transfer of the Tisbury Liquid Event Master Fund to GLG is subject to certain completion requirements, including obtaining necessary regulatory approvals.
Tisbury Capital Management is a London-based event driven fund manager.
Before founding Tisbury, Griffin (pictured) was a managing director at Citadel Investment Group.
Lucaussy held senior roles at Evans Randall Share Finance and Daiwa Securities before joining Tisbury in 2003.
Emmanuel Roman, co-chief executive of GLG, says: "Tisbury has an enviable seven year track record in event driven investment strategies. Gerard and Gerald’s experience and professionalism will ensure GLG is well placed to capture the exceptional returns and opportunity for growth in this area."
Griffin adds: "We believe that event driven investments, both in equity and credit markets, will provide strong returns in the coming years as businesses continue to restructure their balance sheets and look again at mergers and acquisitions. Combining the talent of the team that led Tisbury with the superior infrastructure of GLG will create a strong franchise and is a natural step for Gerald and me."
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location