Carne appoints head of Luxembourg office
Carne Global Financial Services, an independent adviser to the hedge fund and asset management industries, has appointed Justin Egan as managing director of the firm’s Luxembourg office.
Egan (pictured) joined Carne in 2005 and has played a key role in advising some of Carne’s most prominent clients on product structuring, compliance, regulation, risk management and operations.
He has moved from his current Dublin-based role to take up the new position.
Egan has particular expertise in establishing Ucits funds and has already assisted many traditional and alternative asset managers - including some of Europe’s largest hedge fund managers - in establishing regulated funds in both Luxembourg and Ireland.
Egan also serves as an independent director, chairman and conducting officer on the boards of several investment funds and management companies.
Prior to joining Carne, Egan spent 12 years with State Street International (previously Deutsche Bank) in Dublin, where he held several positions including head of trustee services and head of valuations and fund accounting. He was a director of State Street Custodial Services (Ireland) and a member of the company’s management committee.
John Donohoe, chief executive of Carne, says: “Against a background of rapid growth in the alternative Ucits market, with Justin’s appointment to Luxembourg we are putting one of our most senior executives on the ground to ensure we deliver the highest level of UcitsS expertise to fund managers from Europe, Asia and North America who opt to use Luxembourg as their domicile of choice.”
Egan adds: “Carne has been at the centre of the revolution in alternative investment funds establishing Ucits and I look forward to continuing this momentum by bringing our specific focus of expertise in this area to Luxembourg.”
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location