Guy de Blonay to manage Jupiter Hyde Park Hedge Fund
Guy de Blonay has been appointed lead manager of the Jupiter Hyde Park Hedge Fund with effect from 1 June 2010.
Blonay (pictured) will take on the management of the fund from Philip Gibbs, who will become deputy fund manager.
The fund has been managed by Gibbs since its inception in March 2000 and has returned 379.6 per cent in dollar terms and has never produced a negative annual calendar year return in its ten year history.
Blonay, who has 13 years’ investment experience, joined Jupiter from Henderson New Star where he was responsible for a number of long only products and a long/short hedge fund investing in the financials sector. One of his key products was the long only New Star Global Financials Fund, which produced outperformance of its benchmark in the nine years he managed it.
Before joining New Star, subsequently Henderson New Star, Blonay worked at Jupiter for six years.
The appointment of Blonay as lead manager will have no impact on the fund’s investment strategy or objective, which is to generate capital gains whether short, medium or long term through an international portfolio of investments.
Both Blonay and Gibbs will hold substantial personal investments in the Fund.
Gibbs says: “Guy has established a strong reputation as one of the best financial fund managers in the industry and I am pleased he will be taking on the management of Hyde Park. Guy’s appointment adds further strength and resource to our offering at an important time. We have seen a period of healthy inflows into the range of products managed by the team, including the recently launched Jupiter Absolute Return Fund, and assets under our management have grown substantially.”
Blonay adds: “The Jupiter Hyde Park Hedge Fund remains one of Jupiter’s key offshore hedge fund offerings. I am looking forward to taking on management of the Fund, and will seek to deliver consistent outperformance for investors.”
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location