Bandon launches long-short equity strategy
Bandon Capital Management has launched Bandon Hedged Equity, a long-short equity strategy available to both accredited and non-accredited investors.
The strategy seeks to provide exposure to domestic equity markets while minimising the effect of the directional movements of the market.
The portfolio is constructed in two roughly equal parts. The first is a select basket of high conviction individual equity positions and the second is a market hedge to protect against market volatility in an attempt to isolate alpha and reduce directional market risk.
“As we reviewed the products available to non-accredited investors, we realized there was an opportunity to create a high-quality hedged equity strategy based on institutional alternative investment manager research, that could combine the benefits of a low minimum investment, daily liquidity, full transparency, and 1099 tax reporting without the issues associated with typical alternative investment partnerships. Creating this new strategy was the clear next step to compliment our flagship tactical fixed income based Directional Interest Rate Strategy,” says Bill Woodruff, Bandon founder and president.
Like DIRS, the Hedged Equity strategy is offered predominately as a separately managed account, but is also available as a unified managed account and in sub-advisory relationships and is available at most major custodians and a number of broker-dealers with minimums from USD50,000.00.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location