GlobeOp extends private cloud service with Outlook 2010 functionality
GlobeOp Managed Services will partner with business communications provider Intermedia to offer Outlook 2010 desktop functionality through Microsoft Exchange as a hosted service.
The enhanced private cloud service enables GlobeOp to offer clients the benefits of full collaboration functions of Microsoft Outlook 2010, without client installation or maintenance.
Partnering with Intermedia, the world's largest Microsoft Exchange hosting provider, also facilitates hosting Blackberry Enterprise Server and Windows SharePoint, delivering wireless synchronization and workspace sharing services respectively.
According to a June 2010 InformationWeek survey, 58 per cent of business IT professionals are either using or planning to use private clouds to cut IT costs, ensure greater security and quickly scale to meet expanding user demand.
Ira Rosenblum, managing director, GlobeOp Managed Services, says: "Following extensive research and due diligence, Intermedia stood out among potential technology partners for its innovation, security and ability to deliver the solutions our customers demand on a 24/7 basis. GlobeOp's objective is to offer remarkable services that allow our customers to focus on their core business. Delivering business-critical communications tools through a private cloud is a further demonstration of this commitment."
Bob Leibholz (pictured), senior vice president of sales and business development at Intermedia, adds: "GlobeOp is recognised as being an innovator. Its strong brand presence in the financial services sector means that we can now deliver these cost-effective hosted services in a turnkey package to more small- and mid-sized businesses in this sector. Through this partnership, GlobeOp can offer its customers a fully managed office infrastructure."
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund