Asia Pacific Investment Partners completes USD4m convertible note offering
Hong Kong-based Asia Pacific Investment Partners, a Mongolia investment operating company, recently completed a convertible note raising approximately USD4m.
The round was led by a Singapore-based hedge fund and also included a number of other private and institutional investors.
Founded in 2001, Asia Pacific Investment Partners holds positions in Mongolia's real estate development, cement, and mining industries.
It also has interests in transportation, luxury development, and infrastructure development, and owns Altan San Securities, one of the country's major stock broking firms with a seat on the small but rapidly developing Mongolian Stock Exchange.
"The majority of the financing raised in the recent round will be allocated towards rapid capacity expansion of Central Asian Cement and will be used to develop CAC's own clinker production facility as part of the company's vertical integration strategy. Additional funds will be used towards further exploration of the company's recent discovery of a large body of iron ore in a region bordering close to China," says Lee Cashell, managing partner of Asia Pacific Investment Partners.
"The boom in foreign direct investment experienced by Mongolia over the past few years is slated to grow exponentially as the development of Oyu Tolgoi, one of the largest copper mines in the world, gets underway.”
Oyu Tolgoi, which is targeted to begin production in 2013, is expected to create a multiplier effect across many different sectors of the Mongolian economy, increasing demand for housing, real estate services, construction, and cement, some of Asia Pacific Investment Partners' core businesses.
The company is planning an additional capital raising exercise of USD30m later this year as a precursor to seeking listing on a suitable exchange.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund