Syz expands its operations in Asia
The Swiss banking group Syz is continuing its expansion in Asia by extending the operations of its Hong Kong office.
In addition to alternative asset management, which has been available since January 2007, Syz will also promote and distribute its institutional asset management solutions and Oyster investment funds in the region.
To reflect this new orientation, the Hong Kong-based entity will change its company name from 3A Asia to Syz & Co Asia, subject to regulatory approval.
To carry through this new project, Daniel Ghirardi (pictured) will take on responsibility for the region as of September 2010.
“We have identified strong demand in the region for innovative products with high added value. The extension of our activities will enable us to capitalize on the contacts established over the last few years to offer the full range of the group's products throughout South-East Asia and Australia,” says Eric Syz, managing partner.
Ghirardi will replace Jennifer Carver and Brian MacDougall, who have decided to give a new orientation to their career. Ghirardi has extensive knowledge of Asia and of Hong Kong in particular, having spent a number of years working there for the UBS Group.
Before joining Syz, between 2007 and the end of 2009 Ghirardi established the institutional sales activity in Geneva of the Massena group, a Luxembourg-based multi-family office. Previously, he had worked for Prudential Bache and Harcourt Investment Consulting in Zurich and was head of Switzerland at Pioneer Global Investments.
“Despite an extremely competitive environment, Banque Syz & Co has earned the respect of the institutional and professional investor market, thanks to its investment track record and its coherent range of top-performing products. I am thrilled to have the opportunity to present these investment solutions to the Asian market,” says Ghirardi.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund