Akin Gump promotes Beijing’s Ying White to partner
Law firm Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld has promoted Ying Z. White to partner.
White leads the firm’s investment funds practice in its Beijing office.
Prakash H. Mehta, co-leader of Akin Gump’s firm-wide investment funds practice, says: “Ying’s command of the China funds market, her solid public-sector credentials and her extensive international experience have been invaluable to our clients. We are very pleased to welcome her to the partnership.”
White advises Asia and China focused private equity and hedge funds on their establishment and operation in Greater China, Chinese sovereign wealth funds and state-owned banks on their outbound investments, and Chinese and international institutional investors on their investments in the public market and in private funds worldwide.
White also focuses on RMB fund formation and related regulatory issues and on Sino-foreign joint venture investment vehicles.
Extensively involved in legislative and regulatory developments in China’s evolving private equity and hedge fund industry, White is an adviser to the Beijing government’s Financial Affairs Bureau and the Beijing Private Equity Association on RMB funds and private equity regulations.
She speaks and writes frequently on RMB funds, QDII, QFII and emerging markets private equity. She also serves as an international legal expert on the loan review committee of a major Chinese state bank.
Before joining Akin Gump in 2007, White led a team at the World Bank in Washington, D.C., advising on the investment of the World Bank’s pension fund.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund