Threadneedle to launch UK Absolute Alpha Fund
Threadneedle plans to launch the UK Absolute Alpha Fund in quarter four, reinforcing its absolute return fund range.
The Ucits III fund will give co-managers Mark Westwood and Chris Kinder increased flexibility in strategy and fund positioning.
Westwood says: “This is an exciting time to leverage our expertise in delivering absolute returns for our clients. With the dislocations of the past few years still fresh in investors’ minds, the opportunity to add value through fundamental and valuation analysis on a long/short basis remain considerable. The Threadneedle UK Absolute Alpha Fund will use the process and techniques that we have successfully employed over the years in our Cayman-domiciled absolute return fund.”
The fund is expected to launch in early quarter four 2010.
Along with the launch, Threadneedle is updating certain investment vehicles to refine its absolute return range, as a result of feedback from investors regarding investment vehicles and individual strategies, and in anticipation of reform to the way products can be distributed in Europe.
Consistent with this and with the new fund launch, the existing Threadneedle UK Crescendo Fund will close in October.
The UK Absolute Alpha Fund will use a similar process and resources as the Threadneedle UK Crescendo Fund. The portfolio will primarily take long and short positions in UK equities and will aim to generate the majority of performance from stock selection.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location