Orc provides market access to Singapore Mercantile Exchange
Orc Software, a provider of technology and services for advanced trading in financial instruments, has introduced market access to the Singapore Mercantile Exchange.
SMX, the first pan-Asian multi-product commodity and currency derivatives exchange, went live for trading on 31 August 2010.
Its electronic platform offers multi-currency and multi-asset clearing, trading and pricing for contracts with guaranteed settlement and delivery.
The first phase of product launches include two crude oil benchmarks, Brent crude priced in Euros and West Texas intermediate crude oil, its maiden currency pair, Euro-US dollar currency futures, and the first gold futures contract in Singapore to be settled via physical delivery.
“The successful launch of SMX will provide market players in Asia the flexibility for unrestricted cross-border trading in futures, options and other derivatives across multiple asset classes,” says Thomas J. McMahon (pictured), chief executive officer of SMX. “We are delighted to work with leading vendors like Orc who we see as being critical to facilitating the advanced trading of our members and its clients. Orc’s SMX access clearly demonstrates its leadership in developing best-in-class electronic trading technology.”
“We wish the SMX team every success with the launch of the exchange and are pleased to be able to offer direct access to the market as part of our portfolio of global connectivity and trading solutions,” adds Greg Chambers, president, Orc Software, Asia Pacific.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location