ML Capital launches Irish Ucits platform
ML Capital Asset Management has launched the Montlake Ucits Platform, domiciled in Ireland and regulated by the Irish Financial Regulator.
The platform provides investment managers with a turnkey solution for launching a Ucits fund under its umbrella structure, with time to market typically taking six to eight weeks.
The platform also offers immediate access to a wide range of investors through ML Capital’s distribution network.
Funds placed on the platform by ML Capital will benefit from top tier service providers including Citi for custody, administration and trustee services and KPMG for audit.
The Montlake Ucits platform will be marketed globally to investment managers.
ML Capital acts as investment manager and promoter to the platform.
John Lowry, chairman of the ML Capital group, says: "This is an important venture for ML Capital as we seek to establish ourselves as a market leading provider of quality hedge funds accessed through the Ucits structure. The movement of hedge funds to the mainstream through Ucits is the most significant development in the investment management industry in recent times. The Montlake Platform offers all the key features investors are now demanding including good corporate governance, liquidity, transparency and regulatory stability. We are tremendously excited about our offering and the opportunities it presents to the investment marketplace.”
ML Capital’s objective is to offer funds on the Montlake Ucits platform that are diversified strategically and geographically. The first fund launch will take place on 1 October 2010, with a further two fund launches planned for later this year.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location