Reech Aim continues expansion into Ucits III offerings
Reech Aim Partners, a London-based USD300m investment manager specialising in absolute return strategies, will continue expanding its suite of Ucits III-compliant offerings with the launch of a Ucits long only North American equity fund.
It will be managed by the same team as that of its existing US long/short absolute return hedge fund.
The fund, called the Magnetic American Growth Fund, a North American equity strategy with an absolute return style, should debut on 1 November with USD20m to USD40m of initial capital, along with institutional commitments.
Ariane Daguise, head of business development, says Reech Aim decided to launch an absolute return (long only with active use of cash and options) Ucits III version alongside its existing US long/short Mariner Strategy, due to investor demand.
"The manager believes US equities are cheap and that there are a number of growth sectors and stocks emerging,” she says. "We believe there is a case for managing long-only money with an absolute return approach, as well as hedge fund strategies."
Eduardo Tomacelli will be Magnetic's portfolio manager, having launched and managed the Mariner Strategy since 2000 and partnered with Reech last year. He has managed long only funds since 1987 at Sagitta Asset Management and Mercury Asset Management.
The fund will have both institutional and individual share classes.
The Magnetic fund will follow the debut of Reech CBRE's Ucits III non physical real estate fund called the Glacier Fund, due to be launched in October 2010.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund