Perella Weinberg opens office in Abu Dhabi
Perella Weinberg Partners, a financial services firm providing corporate advisory and asset management services, has opened its latest office in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
The announcement accompanies the recent addition of Jameel Akhrass and Nabil F. Lahham as partners of the firm.
Akhrass and Lahham will focus on growing the firm’s strategic advisory and asset management businesses across the Middle East region.
Joseph Perella (pictured), chairman and chief executive officer of Perella Weinberg Partners, says: “We are very pleased to be opening our Abu Dhabi office. This is an important development in our firm’s continuing commitment to an exceedingly important region of the world, and we are enthusiastic about the growth prospects for both our advisory and asset management businesses.”
Both Akhrass and Lahham join from Nomura International and have extensive advisory and investment management expertise in the Middle East.
With 23 years of regional experience, Akhrass most recently served as Nomura’s vice chairman of the Middle East & North Africa region, and was also head of MENA investment banking.
Lahham was a managing director in Nomura’s MENA investment banking group, where he was responsible for executing a wide range of in-region and cross-border transactions in multiple sectors.
Akhrass and Lahham will work closely with New York-based partners Tarek Abdel-Meguid and Amr M. Nosseir.
Akhrass says: “Perella Weinberg Partners is known throughout the Middle East as a premier financial services firm with deep relationships and expertise. We look forward to leveraging our strong regional ties to further augment Perella Weinberg Partners’ industry-leading capabilities.”
Hesham Ali, who has been with Perella Weinberg Partners’ asset management group for three years, will be responsible for marketing and investor relations as head of Middle East asset management.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location