Agio Technology kicks off iPad challenge for hedge funds on 1 October
Agio Technology, a provider of managed IT services for hedge funds, will kick off the Agio iPad Challenge for hedge funds on 1 October through 30 November.
The purpose of the challenge is to collect hard data on how the iPad is used in the hedge fund space.
Agio’s iPad Challenge participants include funds ranging from USD50m to USD1bn AUM.
“We believe the advent of the iPad will bring about a noticeable shift in the dynamic IT environment of hedge funds,” says Bart McDonough, chief executive. “We are looking to the iPad Challenge to provide valuable insight into how the hedge fund community actually uses, and benefits from, this technology.”
Agio will provide each hedge fund participant with a new Apple 3G iPad, pre-loaded with Agio’s recommended top ten apps for hedge funds. The apps include Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters News Pro, Wall Street Journal, Nasdaq OMX-Ofoloio HD, Daily Stocks, powerOne Financial Calculator, Stock Portfolio for iPad, iCurrency Pad, Numbers, and Loki-10K Annual Reports. Agio will offer participants unlimited access to its around-the-clock customer service and support as well as AT&T 3G service for the duration of the challenge.
At the end of the two-month period, participants will be asked to complete a survey detailing their experience with the iPad, of which Apple has sold approximately four million since its release in April 2010.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund