Man launches Ucits III long/short equity fund
Man has launched a Ucits III long/short equity fund called Man Long/Short Europe.
The fund will be managed by Man’s long/short equity team led by Robin Lowe.
It offers investors access to a number of offshore European long/short equity managers in a Ucits III compliant format for the first time.
It is a fund of funds with a focused portfolio of between eight and 12 managers. A due diligence process comprising top down and bottom up research is employed to ensure that only the highest calibre managers are selected.
Managers are selected from the full European long/short universe of over 300 funds, as opposed to the far smaller Ucits III universe. This offers investors access to a broader range of offshore European long/short funds and offers a combination of balanced, active and thematic investment approaches.
Mark Chambers, head of sales management Europe, says: “As one of the largest investors in hedge funds globally through our USD14bn multi-manager business, Man has long-standing relationships across the entire hedge fund community. This means that we are uniquely placed in terms of bringing forward top long/short talent in Europe, offering investors access to a breadth of funds which would be unavailable in the Ucits III universe alone.”
According Lowe, the current outlook for European equity markets remains uncertain.
“While there is broadly negative economic data, an unclear outlook for corporate profits and the threat of disinflation, we’re also seeing increasing M&A activity, strong corporate balance sheets and moderate valuations, which offer interesting opportunities. While long-only managers can suffer in this environment, long short managers can capture dispersion in sideways markets, participate significantly in equity upside and protect on the downside through short-selling and active portfolio and risk management.”
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund