MSCI launches Barra Portfolio Manager
MSCI has launched Barra Portfolio Manager, a series of equity portfolio management tools for institutional investors.
Designed to help fund managers and their teams manage, monitor and build better equity portfolios, Barra Portfolio Manager provides users with additional portfolio insight and enables them to make faster, more informed investment decisions.
It offers a way to access a broad range of equity portfolio analytics, advanced workflow tools and high quality data.
“In this competitive environment, our clients need flexible, easy-to-use tools that align with their investment process – whether quantitative, fundamental or a blend of both,” says Nathan Tidd, global head of equity analytics at MSCI. “We designed Barra Portfolio Manager with these requirements in mind and the result is a platform that investment managers can rely on for a broad range of mission-critical information.”
The launch of Barra Portfolio Manager is part of a multi-year, multi-phase investment by MSCI in its portfolio management analytics business. Future releases of Barra Portfolio Manager will add further capabilities for developing, testing and managing investment products.
Over time, MSCI plans to add additional portfolio construction capabilities for strategy development, back testing, optimised rebalancing, alpha investigation, and standard web-based interfaces (APIs).
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund