Headstart Fund of Funds tops rankings
The investable Headstart Fund of Funds, advised by Headstart Advisers, has claimed its place at the top of the leader board of the Investhedge rankings for multi-strategy funds of hedge funds over the last three, six and 12 months.
The fund has a year to date return of 13.94 per cent to the end of November 2010.
Headstart's performance this year compares favourably with fund of funds indices such as the HFRI Fund of Funds Composite Index (+3.43 per cent year to date), the Barclay Fund of Funds Index (2.85 per cent) and the EurekaHedge Fund of Funds Index (2.6 per cent).
The fund has been advised by Headstart Advisers' chief investment officer Najy Nasser since it began in November 1999.
Its 11 year track record has an annualised return of 6.82 per cent with a volatility of 8.01 per cent per cent. An investment at the inception of the fund would have approximately doubled by now, whereas the S&P 500 index is down 13.18 per cent in the same 11 year time period.
Since January 2009 the Headstart Fund of Funds has had an annualised rate of return of 16.62 per cent with a volatility of 6.68 per cent.
Nasser says: "Our fund has performed consistently during 2009 and throughout 2010 after what was a difficult 2008 for nearly everyone in our industry.
"We are particularly pleased with our outperformance against the indices we are most usually compared. In what has been a difficult year for hedge funds with a wide disparity of returns, all of our underlying positions are positive for the year to date which is a strong testament to the quality of the funds within the portfolio."
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location