Hedgeweek USA Awards 2011 - The Winners
The Hedgeweek USA Awards 2011 for excellence among hedge fund managers and service providers have honoured the US industry’s best performers and their ability to demonstrate consistency and depth of expertise against the backdrop of a more complex, but also potentially more rewarding, investment climate.
The awards, presented at a lunch at New York’s Gansevoort Hotel on June 16, were decided by the votes of Hedgeweek’s nearly 20,000 US-based subscribers, who include institutional and high net worth investors as well as managers and other industry professionals at firms including fund administrators, prime brokers, custodians and advisers.
The inaugural Hedgeweek USA Awards celebrate the industry’s recovery from its difficulties in 2008 and early 2009. As the awards ceremony’s keynote speaker, Sadis & Goldberg partner Ron S. Geffner, noted, performance has recovered and capital inflows have helped assets under management to regain and even surpass the record levels seen three years ago.
The industry’s rebound over the past two years also reflects the ability of managers and service providers to handle the burdens of a more intrusive regulatory environment and to accommodate new investor requirements in areas such as transparency and liquidity.
The winners of the Hedgeweek USA Awards 2011 are:
- Best Offshore Hedge Fund Administrator: Admiral Administration
- Best Convertible Arbitrage Fund Manager: Wolverine Asset Management
- Best Market Neutral Fund Manager: Midway Group
- Best Risk Management Software: SunGard APT
- Best Credit Fund Manager: Third Eye Capital Management
- Best Fund Accounting and Reporting Systems: Tradar
- Best Long/Short Equity Fund Manager: Coghill Capital Management
- Best Relative Value Fund Manager: Venus Capital Management
- Best Distressed Securities Fund Manager: Citi Capital Advisors
- Best Managed Futures (CTA) Fund Manager: Becker Asset Management
- Best Multi-Strategy Fund Manager: Phalanx Capital Management
- Best Absolute Return Fund Manager: NuWave Investment Management
- Best Global Macro Fund Manager: MKP Capital Management
- Best Event Driven Fund Manager: FrontFour Capital Group
- Best Diversified Fund of Hedge Funds Manager: Dorchester Capital Advisors
- Best Specialist Fund of Hedge Funds Manager: Lyrical Partners
- Best Hedge Fund Administrator: JP Morgan Hedge Fund Services
- Best Prime Broker: Pershing
- Best Third Party Marketing Firm: Agecroft Partners
- Best Managed Account Platform Technology: Eze Castle Integration
- Best Accounting Firm: Rothstein Kass
- Best Regulatory Advisory Firm: Kinetic Partners
- Best Public Relations Firm: Walek & Associates
- Best Law Firm: Sadis & Goldberg
- Best Offshore Law Firm: Maples and Calder
These awards are given by GFM Ltd and do not certify any statutory compliance in any jurisdiction nor offer any assurance about the future performance of any company, product or service. The awards are based on the votes of Hedgeweek readers according to a range of their own criteria including product design and innovation, skills and experience, and quality of client service. Past investment performance is no guarantee of future results.
Please click here to download a copy of the Hedgeweek Special Report: Hedgeweek USA Awards 2011
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- Partner events