Stephenson Harwood boosts fund practice
International law firm Stephenson Harwood has appointed James Tinworth as a corporate partner to the firm's funds practice in London. Tinworth joins from Simmons & Simmons LLP in a further boost to the corporate funds practice, following the appointment of Patrick Mousset in Paris from Mayer Brown in July.
He joins a team of five partners with specialist skills in investment trusts, property funds, open-ended investment companies (OEICs), hedge funds, venture capital, private equity, renewable energy funds and other investment vehicles in the UK and offshore jurisdictions.
Tinworth specialises in investment management and investment funds work, with a focus on offshore hedge funds and their management groups. His work includes advising on the structuring, establishment, operation and restructuring of investment funds, managing projects relating to fund vehicles or fund management groups, advising on compliance and regulatory issues for investment managers and drafting and negotiating the full range of fund related documentation.
Tinworth says: "Stephenson Harwood has a market-leading reputation for funds work. The quality of the work and clients and the firm's network of offices across Europe and Asia provide an excellent opportunity to develop my practice. There are exceptional shifts taking place in the international regulatory environment within which hedge funds operate and my focus will be to enhance the firm's presence in this area and work with clients to develop new business models and fund structures."
Sharon White, Chief Executive and Head of Corporate, adds: "We are delighted that James has joined the firm. James's contacts and experience further enhance our hedge funds and alternative investment funds offering."
Tinworth qualified as a solicitor at Linklaters in May 2002. From 2002 to 2004, he worked in the financial markets group at Linklaters and from 2004 to 2005 he worked in the investment management group at Berwin Leighton Paisner. He joined Simmons & Simmons LLP in 2005.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund