Chi-X Global announces new equity investors
Five major financial institutions have taken a minority stake in Chi-X Global Holdings LLC, the holding company for Chi-X market operators Chi-X Canada, Chi-X Japan and Chi-X Australia, which will launch on 31 October, 2011.
It also jointly operates Chi-East, an independent, non-displayed liquidity pool in Singapore, through a joint venture with a subsidiary of the Singapore Exchange, and has developed the Chi-FX product in a venture with BM&FBOVESPA that is scheduled for commercial launch in Brazil early next year.
The new investors include: BofA Merrill Lynch; GETCO, LLC; Goldman Sachs; Morgan Stanley; and Quantlab Group, LP. Instinet Incorporated, a Nomura Group company, remains the largest equity holder in Chi-X Global through a subsidiary company.
“The investment that our equity partners have made today demonstrates their commitment to Chi-X Global and its businesses,” says Tal Cohen (pictured), CEO of Chi-X Global. “With the support of our investors, Chi-X Global is well positioned to continue its growth and remain a positive force for change through market innovation and the introduction of competition.”
“Since inception, Chi-X has established its reputation as a market innovator globally,” says Bina Kalola, head of Strategic Direct Investments for Global Equities at BofA Merrill Lynch. “We look forward to our new relationship with Chi-X Global and its management team and to bringing greater efficiencies to markets across the globe.”
“On behalf of Nomura and Instinet, we are pleased to welcome our new investors and we look forward to working with them and building further on Chi-X Global’s well-established brand,” says Fumiki Kondo, Chairman of Chi-X Global and co-CEO of Instinet Incorporated.
Financial Technology Partners LP and FTP Securities LLC acted as the exclusive financial advisors to Instinet and Chi-X Global. Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund