NewAlpha AM makes 17th strategic investment with Heieck Siebrecht Capital Advisors
NewAlpha Asset Management, the Paris-based global hedge fund incubation specialist, has made its17th strategic investment with Heieck Siebrecht Capital Advisors (HSCA) AG, a Zürich-based hedge fund management ﬁrm focused on German equities. As of 1st November 2011, HSCA had assets under management close to USD100m.
Founded in 2009 by Stefan Heieck and Frank Siebrecht, HSCA is the investment advisor of the Varus Fund, a long/short equity fund focussing on German mid- and large caps and their European competitors. Varus Fund has achieved a very strong two-year track record, being up 20.1% net YTD and 46.7% net since inception on 1st September 2009 with volatility of just 7.5%, low correlation to DAX30 (0.22) and to EuroStoxx 50 (0.19) with a Sharpe Ratio of 2.0.
Varus Fund invests in pair trades and catalyst driven long and shorts. Investments are based on quantitative and qualitative analysis and strong competence in German stocks. Thanks to strict risk/reward thinking, trading discipline and tight risk management, Varus Fund aims for absolute returns with low correlation and volatility.
Heieck and Siebrecht have a combined 26 years’ experience in German and European equities and are supported by Aria Ameri, an analyst fresh from Massachusetts Institute of Technology. A strong risk management, headed by Benjamin Schmitt is one of the cornerstones of Varus Fund’s success. Naemi Amrein operates the middle office, while Jelena Davidson is in charge of Investor Relations. Along with further asset growth, HSCA is pHlanning to further expand the team.
NewAlpha Asset Management invested through its recently launched seeding investment vehicle, a closed-end fund dedicated to institutional investors seeking exposure to early stage managers. The investment marks a significant vote of confidence in HSCA’s ability to capture meaningful opportunities in the ever-changing global financial markets, and to take advantage of relative value and directional opportunities oﬀerred by the European and notably the German equity market.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location