SGX derivatives, commodities and clearing activities continue to grow in December
Singapore Exchange(SGX) posted year-on-year increases in its derivatives, commodities and clearing activities in December while securities trading declined.
Securities Turnover fell 41% to SGD17 billion while securities daily average value traded was 36% lower at SGD794 million. Exchange traded fund turnover declined 18% to SGD640 million.
Derivatives Volume was up 6% at 5.1 million contracts while daily average volume increased 8% to 241,783 contracts. China A50 futures trading more than doubled to 342,825 contracts, Nifty futures activity rose 28% to 1.1 million contracts and MSCI Taiwan futures volume was 8% up at 1.2 million contracts.
Trading of agricultural commodity futures rose 6% to 17,263 contracts as participation in SICOM rubber futures continued to grow. Volume of OTC commodity contracts cleared was 8% up at 12,369 contracts; clearing of iron ore swaps was over three times that of a year earlier at 7,453 contracts. OTC interest rate swaps cleared totalled a notional SGD186 billion since the November 2010 launch of the service; volume cleared in December was SGD1.3 billion, down 68%.
Bond listings totalled SGD8.3 billion, up 49%. The biggest listings were KDDI Corporation’s 190billion-yen 2015 convertible bond, Tencent Holdings’ USSGD600 million 2016 senior note and Hana Bank’s USSGD500 million 2017 note.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location