Pyxis Capital launches alternative income fund
Pyxis Capital has launched the Pyxis Alternative Income Fund (ticker: HHFAX). Anchor Capital Management Group, Inc (Anchor Capital) will serve as the fund's sub-advisor.
The Pyxis Alternative Income Fund invests both long and short across securities benchmarked to high yield corporate bonds, such as ETFs. Unlike traditional long only fixed income strategies, this fund seeks to profit from both rising and falling prices, while maintaining low correlation to traditional benchmarks and minimising volatility through active hedges. The fund is expected to be classified in the Morningstar Nontraditional Bond category.
"The Pyxis Alternative Income Fund offers mutual fund investors a strategy that until recently was typically only available through exclusive hedge funds and large institutional accounts," says Joe Dougherty, President of Pyxis Capital. "Adding this option to our family of funds will help us serve the unique needs of our growing client base of investment advisors and individuals who are looking beyond the limitations of a typical fixed income fund."
The Pyxis Alternative Income Fund will benefit from Anchor Capital's deep experience and proprietary technical analysis. The firm's proprietary strategy and methodology, which will be deployed in the Pyxis Alternative Income Fund, has been in place since 2007.
"With interest rates at historic lows, investors are rethinking their fixed income strategies," says Eric Leake (pictured), Anchor Capital Chief Investment Officer and Co-Portfolio Manager of the Pyxis Alternative Income Fund. "With our focus on capitalising on short, intermediate and long term trends, we provide a liquid alternative to traditional fixed income investing for today's volatile markets."
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund