Punter Southall Group takes full ownership of PSigma Asset Management
Punter Southall Group has taken 100 per cent ownership of fund management boutique PSigma Asset Management.
PSigma Asset Management was formed in February 2007 as a joint venture - 50% owned by the founder partners and 50% by the Punter Southall Group. Since then, assets under management have grown to around GBP750m.
Both leadership teams emphasised that it will be “business as usual” with no changes to key investment teams and managers. The PSigma funds and institutional mandates will continue to be managed in the same way.
As a result of this transaction, Bill Mott and Ian Chimes, two of the founding partners of PSigma Asset Management, have become significant shareholders in the Punter Southall Group.
Punter Southall Group Chief Executive Jonathan Punter said the deal reinforces the scope and scale of investment services the Group is able to offer to a broad spectrum of clients.
“Our business keeps growing and this agreement is part of the strategy to provide a unique range of financial services,” says Punter. “Over the last five years, we’ve enjoyed a creative and fruitful relationship with Bill and Ian and look forward to working together for continued future success.”
Chimes says: “Both our investment and management teams have thrived within the Punter Southall Group, despite some of the most difficult market conditions imaginable. This move retains our position as a first-class investment boutique and continues to allow our highly-skilled investment team to focus on what it does best – managing money.”
Mott says: “It will be ‘business as usual’ for us with no changes to roles and responsibilities within the UK Team. There will be no change to the way the UK funds and institutional mandates are managed. All staff at PSigma Asset Management have equity or equity options participation in the Group and will benefit from its continued growth and success.”
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location