SGX commodities, clearing and fixed income activities grew in January
Singapore Exchange (SGX) saw year-on-year growth in its commodities, clearing and fixed income activities in January 2012.
Securities daily average value was notably 47% higher at SGD1.3 billion in January compared to a seasonally quiet December 2011, but down 27% year-on-year.
Exchange traded fund turnover declined 36% to SGD509 million.
Structured warrants volume increased 67% year-on-year to 3.5 billion units.
Derivatives daily average volume was up 10% at 265,590 contracts compared to December 2011, and up 2% year-on-year.
On a month-on-month basis, China A50 futures trading increased 18% to 403,621 contracts; Nikkei 225 futures trading decreased 12% to 1.7 million contracts; Nifty futures activity was up 0.6% to 1.1 million contracts and MSCI Taiwan futures volume was down 18% to 1 million contracts. The trading of MSCI Singapore Index Futures was up 3% to 302,672 contracts.
Trading of agricultural commodity futures rose 52% to 19,357 contracts as participation in SICOM rubber futures continued to grow.
Volume of OTC commodity contracts cleared was 45% up at 24,512 contracts; clearing of iron ore swaps doubled to 8,929 contracts.
OTC interest rate swaps cleared totalled a notional SGD200 billion since the November 2010 launch of the service; volume cleared in January was SGD13 billion, down 2%.
Bond listings totalled SGD13.5 billion, up 12% year-on-year and up 63% compared to last month. The biggest listings were the Export-Import Bank of Korea’s USSGD1.25 billion 4% Notes due 2017 and USSGD1 billion 5% Notes due 2022 and a USD1.75 billion 5.25% Notes due 2042 sovereign bond by the Republic of Indonesia.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund