ISE to list options on ISE Max SPY Index
The International Securities Exchange (ISE) has filed for approval with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to list options on the ISE Max SPY Index, a new proprietary index that represents ten times the value of the SPDR S&P500 ETF Trust (SPY).
Currently, options on SPY are the most actively traded contract in the options industry, with average daily volume of two million contracts on a year-to-date basis. Options on the ISE MAX SPY Index will build upon the success of SPY options by offering a large-sized, European-style option that is cash-settled, characteristics which appeal to the institutional segment of the market.
Gary Katz (pictured), ISE's President and Chief Executive Officer, says: "ISE led the industry to introduce options trading on SPY, which grew to become the most popular options product ever. We believe options on the ISE Max SPY index are an equally exciting product that offer an alternative for institutional traders who are seeking exposure to the SPY but prefer to trade an index option that has a higher notional value and settles in cash instead of the traditional ETF option that settles in shares."
ISE plans to offer competitive fees for options on the ISE Max SPY that are aligned with other index options products listed on the exchange.
The product and associated fees are both subject to regulatory clearance.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location