Ogier appoints new partner to lead litigation practice in Cayman
Ogier has appointment of Richard de Lacy QC to the role of partner and head of the firm’s Cayman litigation practice, from 19 March 2012.
Richard de Lacy brings 30 years of professional experience in the legal profession, not only as a barrister, but also as an academic and trustee. He joins Ogier from leading chambers 3 Stone Buildings in London, where he developed a distinguished reputation in commercial litigation and insolvency through cases in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the Americas.
“We are delighted to be welcoming someone of Richard’s calibre and expertise to our litigation practice,” says Nick Rogers, Managing Partner, Ogier Cayman. “Richard's appointment allows us to build on the strong foundation we have established servicing the complex litigation needs of Ogier's global client base.”
“I am looking forward to working with the excellent team at Ogier. The Group has a first-rate reputation both in Cayman and globally and I am excited about building on the accomplishments of the Cayman litigation practice” says de Lacy.
De Lacy will assume his responsibilities from Chris Russell, who will be leaving Ogier after seven years.
“We are grateful to Chris for the lasting contribution he has made to Ogier,” says Rogers. "He leaves us with a senior team that is rated among the best litigation practices in Cayman. Richard's appointment will ensure that Ogier's excellent reputation is maintained."
Matthew Thompson (pictured), Ogier Global Head of Litigation and Jersey Partner, says: "We are delighted with Richard's appointment. Our multi-jurisdictional Litigation Team advises on all aspects of problems and disputes which arise in an offshore environment and the team will be further strengthened by Richard's extensive expertise and experience."
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location