Maples Fund Services expands European business
Maples Fund Services, an independent global fund services provider and a division of MaplesFS, has expanded its European operations with the hire of Steve Lewis, Director of European Business Development.
Based in London, Lewis is responsible for expanding the fund administration and middle-office businesses across the firm’s European offices.
Lewis will work closely with Scott Somerville (pictured), CEO of MaplesFS, and Toni Pinkerton, Global Head of Fund Services, as well as the Regional Heads of Fund Services for Dublin and Luxembourg to execute the firm’s business development and growth strategy.
“We continue to see managers attracted to Dublin, Luxembourg and the broader European markets,” says Pinkerton. “Steve will be able to leverage his years of experience and existing relationships to further build our presence in Europe.”
Lewis was previously at State Street Bank & Trust, where he focused on sales of administration, custody services and associated products to the UK alternative investments market. He has had significant consultancy, relationship management, technology, operations and product management experience throughout his career.
Lewis has held senior positions at a number of banks, including Deutsche Bank, where he led the Custody Services team of more than 500 people across the globe, and prior to that, was head of Product Development for Custody Services. He has also worked for ABN Amro, Bank of New York, and Investors Bank & Trust, where he developed strong relationships with hedge funds, fund of hedge funds, private equity, pension funds and sovereign wealth funds.
“I was very impressed with the management team, unique technology, and the focus on customised client services and solutions, which is very different than the 'one size fits all' mentality in the industry,” says Lewis. “The breadth and flexibility of Maples Fund Services is a clear strength, and makes the firm highly relevant to hedge funds, private equity, pension funds and family offices.”
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location