Lyxor launches new single Ucits alternative fund
Lyxor Asset Management has teamed up with HAWK Quantitative Strategies – a company associated with Caxton Associates LP – to launch the third alternative single manager on its Lyxor Dimension UCITS Platform.
The Lyxor/Caxton HAWK strategy Index Fund offers access to a medium-term, trend-following strategy with a focus on Emerging Markets (EM). The investment strategy is based on a proprietary system developed by Jeff Enslin, a partner and portfolio manager at Caxton Associates LP, who has been trading macro/EM on a discretionary basis since 1995.
Enslin says: "As a systematic, liquid, and non-long biased strategy, the strategy has a low correlation to Emerging Market long-only and hedge fund strategies, as well as to other CTAs. One of our core beliefs, built into the framework of the system, is that EM assets experience both large bull and bear cycles. As a trend follower, the model is designed to attempt to participate with the prevailing price action regardless of the direction. We are excited to launch this unique product on the Lyxor UCITS platform."
Backed by more than a decade of world leadership in selecting and monitoring hedge funds, Lyxor currently* manages USD22.8 billion of assets in alternative investments and offers its clients high levels of innovation, transparency and risk management.
Commenting on the new fund launch, Inès de Dinechin (pictured), CEO of Lyxor, says: “By adding HAWK Quantitative Strategies LLC. on its UCITS Dimension platform, Lyxor is perfectly positioned to meet current investors’ needs and gives access to a selection of strategies that can adapt to different market environments”. Lyxor Dimension consists of 11 multi-manager funds, two hedge fund replicators, one absolute return program and 3 single alternative strategies.
CAXTON HAWK is the third single alternative strategy on the platform – after Old Mutual Asset Managers (UK) and IKOS Asset Management – and Lyxor intends to launch more alternative UCITS funds in the coming months.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location