OVS Capital expands investment team with two new hires
OVS Capital, the European equity focused event driven investment manager is expanding its investment team with two new appointments; Manuel Blanco and Zac Lewis.
Blanco (pictured) joins OVS as an Analyst, having previously worked as a Senior Equity Analyst at Trafalgar Asset Managers, the multi-billion dollar event driven fund where his responsibilities included idea generation, analysis and trade construction across a range of hard and soft catalyst trades.
Prior to his time at Trafalgar, Blanco worked in Citigroup’s UK investment banking team in the Financial Sponsors Group working on multiple private and public transactions. Blanco is a qualified lawyer having previously worked as a senior Associate at Ashurst focusing on a number of private equity transactions and at Freshfields in the M&A department. He holds an MBA from INSEAD and a law degree from Deusto University.
Lewis joins the investment team as a Trader, having previously worked as a Trader at James Caird Asset Management. Prior to his time at James Caird, he worked at Citigroup within the equity derivatives team. He holds a BSc (Hons) from the London School of Economics.
The two additions take the OVS investment team to six people supported by a four-strong business and operations team.
Sam Morland, OVS’ founder and CIO, says: “Having great people enhances our ability to produce investment returns and makes OVS a more invigorating place to come to work every day. I am exceptionally pleased to have Manuel and Zac join the team. As the business continues to grow we remain on the lookout for further industry talent.”
OVS Capital was launched in October 2010 by Sam Morland who formerly spent 10 years at HBK, the multi-billion dollar Dallas based hedge fund manager. OVS focus on a European equity event driven investment strategy that is predominantly equity focused investing in a market neutral way.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund