Eze Castle releases white paper on tech solutions for Form PF
Eze Castle has released a new white paper providing an in-depth examination of the challenges that Form Private Fund (Form PF) regulation poses to hedge funds. It also looks at the factors that customers should consider when making technology decisions for filing and data management.
The white paper, "Preparing for Form PF," is by Eze OMS product managers Phil Christianson and Roger Gregory, and technical communications group manager Erin McNamee.
"In a recent customer survey, nearly half of hedge fund respondents cited regulation as a top industry concern. Our paper offers a deep look at the most pressing and potentially burdensome pending regulation," says Christianson. "In the paper we explore the scope and volume of data required within Form PF and how that data will need to be compiled, organised and mapped to Form PF-specific classifications. After reviewing the challenges presented by Form PF, we outline what they mean for filing-management technology solutions and offer guidance for finding the right tool for your firm."
Some of the topics firms should consider when reviewing solutions include:
Does the solution aggregate and consolidate data across all systems in the firm?
Does the solution store data mappings for efficient reuse from filing to filing?
Does the solution normalise data for accuracy and consistency?
Does the solution maintain a fully audited history in case advisors need to justify submitted numbers?
Is the solution extensible enough to scale with the addition of future reporting regulations?
"Form PF poses challenges that are massive in scope and complexity for many firms, but the right tools and processes put in place now will reduce those burdens, quarter over quarter," says Gregory. "Any solution you put in place now should be able grow with your firm as it moves towards more complete automation."
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund