Goodwin Procter expands PE practice with addition of Nissan and Nugent in New York
Ilan S Nissan and Christian C Nugent have joined Goodwin Procter’s Private Equity Practice as partners in its New York office. They will focus on advising private equity funds, hedge funds, alternative asset managers and their portfolio companies on a wide variety of transactions, including leveraged buyouts, recapitalisations, growth equity financings, strategic investments, restructurings and dispositions.
Nissan and Nugent have represented clients across a broad spectrum of sectors, including the manufacturing; entertainment; Internet; technology and software; consulting; and product distribution industries.
"We are delighted to welcome Ilan and Chris to the firm and group," says Regina M Pisa (pictured), Chairman of Goodwin Procter. "Ongoing expansion of our Private Equity Practice in New York and other key markets is one of the priorities of our strategic growth plan, and will further enhance our ability to serve clients in this important sector."
"Ilan and Chris have built a strong transactional practice that has flourished and grown through both up and down cycles in the private equity markets," says John LeClaire, partner and chair of Goodwin's Private Equity Practice. "They are team players and builders with great character and entrepreneurial drive."
Nissan, a former Global Chair of O'Melveny & Myers' Mergers and Acquisitions Group, received his BS from the State University of New York at Albany and his JD from Boston University School of Law. He has been recognised as a leading lawyer for M&A transactions by Legal 500 US, a leading lawyer for private equity by International Financial Law Review and a leading lawyer for leveraged buyouts and private equity law by Best Lawyers.
Nugent received his BA from Georgetown University and his JD from The Fordham University School of Law where he was a member of the Fordham Urban Law Journal. He was recently recognised by The M&A Advisor as a finalist for its "40 Under 40" award.
Nissan and Nugent join Goodwin from Dewey & LeBoeuf's New York office.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location