The Boston Company Asset Management names Adam Joffe director of alternatives
The Boston Company Asset Management, a Boston-based equities investment specialist for BNY Mellon Asset Management, has named Adam B Joffe director of alternatives.
Joffe is responsible for developing The Boston Company's capabilities across the alternative investment space, including hedge funds, long/short funds, sector-specific portfolios, market-neutral strategies and other specialties. In this newly created position based in Boston, he reports to Bart Grenier, chairman, chief executive officer and chief investment officer of The Boston Company.
Joffe has also assumed the position of chief administrative officer, also newly created, overseeing operations and support service. In this role, he reports to Joseph P Gennaco, president and chief operating officer.
"Our firm is dedicated to providing clients with innovative investment options, including an expanding array of alternative strategies," says Grenier. "Adam's knowledge, experience and vision will contribute greatly to the dynamic evolution of our alternatives offerings."
Before joining The Boston Company, Joffe served as chief financial officer and senior vice president at New York-based First Eagle Investment Management. Prior to that, he spent more than 10 years at Deutsche Asset Management in various roles, including chief operating officer of hedge funds and fund of funds for the DB Advisors Hedge Fund Group.
Joffe received his MBA and bachelor's degrees from Bryant University in Rhode Island. He was a certified public accountant in the state of Rhode Island and is a CFA charterholder.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund