Harcourt Investment Consulting appoints new Head of Alternative Investments
Harcourt, a subsidiary of Vontobel Asset Management, has appointed Jan Viebig and Georg Wessling to further expand and strengthen its expertise in alternative investments.
Viebig takes up the position of Head of Alternative Investments. Wessling will act as Deputy Head of Alternative Investments.
Viebig replaces the former CEO of Harcourt, Stephan Fritz, who has decided to leave Vontobel Asset Management. Viebig has over 12 years of investment experience in alternative investments and emerging markets. He joins Harcourt from Credit Suisse, where he currently is Head of Emerging Market Equities. Before this, he was Senior Hedge Fund Manager at DWS. Jan Viebig has received several awards, amongst others the "Best Performing Equity Market Neutral Hedge Fund" from HFR in 2006, Germany's Hedge Fund Award (Silver) in 2007 and the Sauren Gold Awards from 2005 through to 2007. Jan Viebig will assume his new responsibilities in September 2012.
Wessling is currently Head of Hedge Fund Advisory at Harcourt. He has 17 years of investment experience, working at Ecofin prior to joining Harcourt. He has been with Harcourt since 2005 assuming Senior Investment Roles and heading the Advisory business. In his additional role, Georg will work closely together with Jan Viebig to drive Harcourt's strategy in terms of investment and product strategies.
Axel Schwarzer, Head of Vontobel Asset Management, says: "These appointments, reflect the commitment to our clients and the ambition to further strengthen and expand our capabilities as Alternative Investments Manager."
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location