Hermes BPK Partners acquires Caliburn Greater China Fund
Hermes BPK Partners has acquired the USD100m Caliburn Greater China Fund.
The fund will be integrated into Hermes BPK’s suite of hedge fund solutions and will be renamed the Hermes BPK Greater China Fund.
The fund is a thematic multi manager hedge fund which aims to deliver attractive risk adjusted access to the Chinese market and has outperformed the peer group of Asian fund of funds since inception for a comparable level of volatility.
It aims to provide investors with opportunities that may not be available through long-only investing.
The existing team will continue to advise on the fund and will remain based in Singapore.
Matteo Dante Perruccio, chief executive and founding partner of Hermes BPK Partners, says: “Hedge funds are increasingly being seen as an intelligent and efficient way of accessing the opportunities in Asia while improving the risk return profile. This is another exciting development for Hermes BPK as we continue to innovate and build out a comprehensive range of hedge fund solutions aligned to our clients’ investment requirements. We want to continue to be a market leader and innovator by providing solutions based on the highest degree of alignment, transparency, governance and engagement.”
The acquisition takes Hermes BPK’s assets to USD2.4bn with institutional hedge fund solutions including strategy-specific and region-specific thematic products, de-risking and re-risking hedge fund solutions and manager seeding/accelerator activities.
Pakenham Partners advised Hermes BPK on the acquisition.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund