Deutsche Bank adds Nordic power market to dbSelect platform
Coeli Asset Management has launched its Coeli Power Surge strategy on dbSelect, Deutsche Bank’s platform for accessing liquid hedge fund strategies.
Coeli Power Surge allows investors to gain access to the Nordic power market for the first time via dbSelect, adding to the roster of strategies available on the platform.
The strategy captures price trends caused by weather patterns in the Nordic countries. The manager trades exclusively on the Nasdaq OMX Commodities exchange.
Managed investment platforms allow hedge fund managers to offer multiple customised ways of accessing investment strategies in a transparent and efficient manner, whilst reducing counterparty risk and increasing liquidity for investors.
Coeli is an independent Swedish asset management company that offers managed funds in alternative asset classes. Founded in 1994, the organisation provides tailored services to entrepreneurs and institutional clients, including asset management, private banking and private equity.
Hans Jacob Feder, head of dbSelect at Deutsche Bank, says: “This latest development marks a milestone for dbSelect as we continue to bring additional diversity to the more than 150 strategies available on the platform. This is the first time we have offered exposure to the Nordic power market as investors and managers continue to be drawn to the liquidity and transparency benefits of managed accounts.”
Henrik Wennberg, managing partner and portfolio manager at Coeli Asset Management, says: “We are pleased to be part of Deutsche Bank’s established dbSelect platform. Power markets in general are expected to show higher correlation to macro economic developments, however the unique quality of our strategy is that the dominant price driver - the Nordic weather - is a parameter that leaves nearly all other markets unaffected. Our strategy therefore allows investors to gain exposure to a market that is expected to show low correlation with other mainstream investment opportunities.”
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location