New Forests’ clients to acquire stake in Green Triangle Pine Estate
New Forests has introduced new investors to make an investment in the Green Triangle Forest Trust (GTFT).
GTFT was established in March 2012 via the acquisition of the plantation assets of Auspine Ltd by New Forests Australia New Zealand Forest Fund and a co-investor.
The USD80m transaction will be used to reduce debt and redeem units owned by Gunns Ltd. Gunns will continue to retain a minority interest in the GTFT after this transaction is completed.
The 46,000 hectare radiata pine estate is located in the Green Triangle – the border region of south-eastern South Australia and western Victoria. Under New Forests’ management, the estate will continue to supply the processing mill in Tarpeena for domestic structural timbers through long-term agreements, as well as support local businesses providing property management, harvest, and transport activities.
“The GTFT pine plantations are a high-quality forestry estate and an important part of the Green Triangle region’s forest industry,” says David Brand, managing director for New Forests. “New Forests aims to create stable ownership and sustainable management of these forests; this approach aligns with the long-term perspective of our institutional investor clients.”
New Forests manages approximately 375,000 hectares of plantation land and timber plantations across Australia.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund