SGX derivatives and commodities trading grows
Singapore Exchange says derivatives and commodities trading grew in July from a year earlier, while securities turnover was lower year-on-year though it was up from June.
Securities turnover fell nine per cent year-on-year to SGD26.5bn. Securities daily average value was 14 per cent down at SGD1.2bn. Compared with June, daily average value was up 19 per cent.
Catalist turnover increased 31 per cent year-on-year to SGD614m while ETF trading fell 58 per cent to SGD343m.
The securities borrowing and lending programme saw a 37 per cent growth year-on-year in daily average outstanding loans to SGD26.6m.
A total 36 bond listings raised SGD23bn, up 74 per cent from a year earlier.
Derivatives volume was up 12 per cent year-on-year at 5.8 million contracts while daily average volume grew seven per cent to 270,798 contracts.
China A50 futures trading tripled to 700,071 contracts from a year earlier while Nikkei 225 futures volume grew seven per cent to 1.9 million contracts. MSCI Taiwan futures volume was up four per cent at 1.4 million contracts but Nifty futures trading fell eight per cent to 1.1 million contracts.
Volume of the new MSCI Indonesia futures totalled 15,698 contracts since its June start.
End-July equity index futures open interest was seven per cent higher from a year earlier at 818,563 contracts.
SICOM rubber futures volume grew 12 per cent year-on-year to 23,938 contracts.
AsiaClear cleared 30,615 contracts, up 56 per cent from a year earlier.
Volume of OTC iron ore swaps cleared more than doubled from a year earlier to a record-high 20,961 contracts, representing 10.5 million tonnes of iron ore.
OTC interest rate swaps cleared totalled a notional SGD282bn since the November 2010 launch with volume of new trades cleared in July at SGD7bn, down 17 per cent year-on-year.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund